Mama D Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick
Dyan French Cole, widely known as “Mama D,” was a trailblazer. In January 1975, she became the first woman to become president of the New Orleans branch of the NAACP.
- An authentic truthsayer and a one-person community-accountability force of nature.
- Nearly every day, she headed to Orleans Parish Criminal District Court to advocate for young black men who were appearing in court that day.
- After Hurricane Katrina, when she refused to evacuate, Cole organized crews she called the Soul Patrol, to go through her native 7th Ward and other neighborhoods, saving people, feeding them and finding them clothes, assistance and other relief.
- She housed so many people at her home on North Dorgenois Street that some people referred to it as Recovery Camp Dorgenois.
- To learn more about Mama D, click the following link: https://www.nola.com/news/article_fda08cfc-6f59-5c08-9b33-13ee14fff5f9.html
- Product is vegan & cruelty free.